Catherine McKenney is one of 14 mayoral candidates.
One of Ottawa’s mayoral candidates promises that the city of Ottawa will reach net zero emissions by 2050.
Catherine McKenney, one 14 mayoral candidates, announced on Sept. 22 their strategic climate strategy which includes:
- Greening buildings to reduce emissions and save on energy costs
- Working with the National Capital Commission to turn the Greenbelt into a national urban park
- Protecting and increasing both greenspace and the tree canopy
- Creating safe and walkable neighbourhoods that include bike infrastructure and low-emission transit
- Designing a climate resiliency plan
“Our city urgently needs bold climate action, but we have been missing the political will to prioritize it,” said McKenney. “However, with the right leadership, we can live in an Ottawa replete with green, affordable buildings, safe…